Hopp til innhold
Far_Away_USA

Fiske i nærheten av Eidfjord

Hei,
jeg vet ikke godt norsk! Jeg beklager!!!

I am a student traveling to Eidfjord in a few weeks.  I film small fishing adventures and I would love to catch my first salmon in Norway. However I am having a hard time finding places to go in this area.  I found the Laerdal River that is close to where I am staying, but I am not sure where or even If I can fly fish for salmon here. I have also heard about Sima and Eio rivers as well. I will have a car and be able to drive a couple hours to good fishing. Any advice will be appreciated, and the favor will be returned if you would like to ever fly fish the Midwestern United States. I would be happy to guide you to nice fish here! 

takk for din tid!  

Adam 

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg
Del på sosiale medier/andre steder

Hi,

I believe Laerdal river is many hours away from Eidfjord.

Unfortunately, the salmonfishing in most rivers in the Hardangerfjord is ruined, mainly because of problems caused by salmonfarms.

But you can try to catch one in Eio river, or try hunting for big seatrout in the darkness of night :)

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

Hi Adam.

I have never fished in the Lærdal river, but last year a lot of big salmon were caught there. But I think it`s almost impossible to get a license there without knowing people, who know people, who.... But if you have time to drive a bit further I can recommend the rivers Nausta and Jølstra. Here is a link with some information about these rivers.  http://www.fabelaktiv.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73&Itemid=239 and this one http://www.laksegutta.no/nausta

I know it`s norwegian, but you might use google translate:)

Best wishes, Florian

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

Thank you everyone for your help! I will sneak down at night for some sea trout! I must read up on what to use to catch them! I will also check out those sites you gave me! Thank you so very much! I do not mind driving 2 or 3 hours if there is a place with fishing available for salmon!!

Cheers!

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

Hello again.

The river I showed you are more than 2-3 hours driving from eidfjord. But, if there is a lot of rain during the time of your visit, there are some rivers closer to your place. Small rivers, which need to have some rain to be fishable. One is close to Bergen (storelva in Arna, http://arnasportsfiskarlag.com/), the other is called Daleelva and is between Bergen and Voss, you can buy a license at the gasstation there. And the last on is in Os (http://prohd.no/Oselvo%20Hovedside/Oselvo%20Hovedside.html), here only sone 0/1 ist suited for flyfishing...

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

Nightfishing for seatrout requires singelhanded flyrod # 7 or 8, or a light doublehander, floatingline and a variety of black flies from big sunrays to dbl 12 :) And a headlight..

Due to the possibility of catching 10-12 lbs fish I wouldn't recommend lighter gear in Eio river.

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg

If you are going to fish in Eio, you first of all have to check if there are any available rods on the river for this season. The river is very popular, and the rods are usually fully booked already before the season starts. Please contact Jesper at Eidfjord Sportsfiske, and ask him about any available rods.

There are only 5 rods available in the river a day (3 on the Hereid-side of the river, and two on the Lægreid-side. And you are only allowed to fish for seatrout in Eio.

Atle

Endret av AtleJ

Del dette innlegget

Lenke til innlegg